Wednesday 30 April 2008

JONI - Update

Hello Ladies,

Just keeping in touch with you all. I hope by now you have all purchased your copies of JONI and are well into reading the moving story. In an instant, her life changed from an active, full of life teenager, to being totally paralysed.....

I better say no more so that I don't spoil it for those of you who have just started reading it.

So far, I am amazed at the faith shown by Joni as a young girl, the way she holds on to God's words and promises on healing . It makes me think of scripture about the "mustard seed" faith.

On a closing note, let me encourae us all to have total faith in the Almighty Lord in whatever trials we face.

Looking forward to seeing you all on the 17th of May.

By the way, no one seems to be using the blog! Please let's use it to keep in touch, or if you prefer emails, by all means send emails.

God Bless.

Love,

Ope

1 comment:

esosaruth said...

OK, I've finished the book and found it quite readable. I remember hearing about 'Joni' some years ago and the story seemed frightning then tbh..I didn't really like the idea of a young girl being paralysed etc.. so failed to grasp the other lessons back then. Reading it now years later I am able to see how God used this incident for His glory and the stength of her faith is overwhelming and challenging. Also seeing life from her perspective and the things that now held importance to her after the accident, her fervency to practically apply the word of God was also an eye opener for me...

Anyway I've been reveiwing a few books as I'm choosing the material next for the club and I'm torn btwn two very diff books. One is quite readable and I guess more light hearted and a familiar story to us, the other covers deep issues for us christians to face up to... hm I pray God leads me to choose the right book he wants us to learn something from.

xx E