Thursday 7 May 2009

"VELVET ELVIS"

Our current read, chosen by one of Activates member is:
"VELVET ELVIS" by ROB BELL.

I bet you are thinking, what a title! Well, rest assured, the book is not about Elvis.

Velvet Elvis is a thought provoking book on Christianity. What is Christianity really about? What do YOU think Christianity is about? Be warned, you will either like this book or dislike it. It has had lots of mixed reviews. I will let you decide for yourself.

Book Description:
"God never changes, nor do the central truths of Christianity. But our understanding of those truths is in constant flux. Christians will always be exploring and discovering what it means to live in harmony with God and each other. Velvet Elvis offers original and refreshingly personal perspectives on what Christianity is really about."

If you haven't yet got your copy, please do so and get reading. The book is available at kerith bookshop.
Happy reading!

Ope

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I loved, loved, loved this book. It explained so much to me, set me powerfully free in many areas & has set me on fire for reading my bible & following up on other books cited in the sources. I will be rereading this & recommending it to friends.