Tuesday 9 September 2008

Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World

Hi girls

Little did I know what I was letting myself and you into when I chose the book (I liked the title)and I am really sorry to have missed the book club meeting. I found the book both challenging, encouraging and inspiring. I am sure that there are many Martha's out there and a few Mary's.
I always felt guilty that I was a Martha and in some ways still am but encouraged to know even in the business and seasons of life that we can have a Mary heart.

I found the picture of the hoola hoops very apt in my particular season and trying to endeavour to be closer to God - not easy - but thats because I need to sit at his feet!!!

Glynne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got the book very late so am still working through it. I have struggled quite a bit, feeling inadequate because I don't do all the things the rest of you do and can't always be either a Martha or a Mary - but, God has still managed to speak to me through it in way's I wasn't expecting, and I haven't finished it yet, so thank you for choosing this Glynne as I wouldn't have chosen it to read.

Sue